Help bring more traffic! Stumble This!

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

Thursday, May 20, 2010

Dead Beat

So it's been a while since I last updated my blog. The other night I decided I wanted to dual boot the bucket with windows and arch linux. So, I went out and bought a spare flash drive thinking I could easily boot from it. Turns out the only program that allows me to easily make my flash drive bootable doesn't work with Arch linux. Well, it does, but not the most up-to-date one.

So I decided to try installing a slightly out-of-date version of Arch Linux, which was a very bad idea. As soon as I got to the package installation stage, it wouldn't let me download the correct list, and I couldn't continue with the installation. So I decided to reboot into windows. Which it wouldn't let me do....

Hopefully all I have to do is finish installing a recent version of Arch Linux and it'll work, hopefully.

On a side note, OCNix is coming along rather neatly. We smashed quite a bit of bugs last weekend, which means we are ready for our alpha stage. For those interested, I'll leave a link to the installation process we wrote a couple days ago.

Installing and making OCNix .ISO

No comments:

Post a Comment