Help bring more traffic! Stumble This!

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

Thursday, April 22, 2010

Finding the goods

Well I finally worked up the courage to get my project computer. As I am cheap, I decided to go old first. I picked this little sweety from used-pcs.com.

(used-pcs.com)

It's by no means pretty and I'll be sure to spark it up a little bit. Maybe I can add that to my list.

Here's the stats (From used-pcs.com)
Dell OPTIPLEX GX260 Low Profile Chassis, Celeron 1700 Mhz, 512 MB RAM, IDE 40 GB Hard Drive, IDE CD-ROM, 1 Floppy Drive, 64 MB Video RAM, 1 Parallel Port(s), 1 Serial Port(s), 6 USB Port(s), 1000 MB INT Network Adapter, Sound WinXP Professional Installed.

I was mostly looking at the 1.7 Ghz processor. I'm not too happy about the IDE, but I can deal with that for now. XP Pro is also a nice option, though its not necessary.

Overall my running total is $79.99 for the item, and a whopping $22.91 for UPS ground shipping, which should take 3 days, I'll be looking for it on monday.

I'm still looking for a monitor and keyboard. I'm looking to get a cheap LCD monitor. Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment