Help bring more traffic! Stumble This!

HTML hit counter - Quick-counter.net

Saturday, January 1, 2011

Arch Update

After spending a few hours trying to fix this linux issue, I've finally figured out what the issue is.
Appropriately, GRUB doesn't work the way I thought it did, when I installed the second Arch on the new drive, I also installed GRUB again on that same drive with the idea that I would go into the computer BIOS and change the HDD every time I wanted to switch OS's.
Well when I boot into the second Arch install, it's using the same boot options from the first install.
Confusing right?!?

Well even after all this time figuring out what the problem is, I still haven't figured out how to fix the problem, and it's quickly approaching my bed time.

Instead of trying to get this to work, I'm considering partitioning this new 1TB drive into two 500MB pieces with the new Windows 7 I got from school on one, and an Arch install on the other. I can then use the 160GB drive as extra space on either.
I even have an external drive case around here somewhere.

What do you guys think? What should I do?

No comments:

Post a Comment